Powered by Blogger.
RSS

It's All about CARBON

Online Learning:
I learned that…

     Carbon is very important because almost all biological molecules are made up of carbon. Aside from that, it can also be found everywhere – land, ocean and air, making life possible on planet earth.
     In the atmosphere, carbon is attached to some oxygen in a gas called carbon dioxide. I learned that carbon undergoes a complex cycle which is carbon cycle. As time passes by, the amount of carbon dioxide increases. It takes about 2.4 million pounds (1.1 million kilograms) of carbon dioxide is released into the air every second. This is really bad. We all know that too much carbon dioxide in the air results with the depletion of the ozone layer, the earth’s protective jacket; and when the ozone layer is depleted, heat can no longer escape on the earth’s atmosphere, resulting to a climate change.
     The atmosphere is not the only one affected by increasing amount of carbon dioxide, but also the oceans. When too much carbon dioxide was dissolved in ocean, this will make the ocean acidic. This brings threaten to all species living underwater. And when species living underwater are affected, we are also affected.
     “Everything is connected to everything else”. As what I’ve said before, if we will not take an action regarding this “carbon problem”, we will also be the one to suffer in the end. We must do something to make everything okay.

Online Activity:


I watched videos about…


  • The role of carbon in climate change, a video prepared by NASA. 
  • The Carbon Crisis in 90 seconds, a video also prepared by NASA

Online Collaboration:
     I participated in the online discussion by…
It is by means of posting my insights and reflections on one my social networking sites, which is my blogger. I also shared it to my family and encouraged them to reduce the use of carbon.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment