Powered by Blogger.
RSS

El Niño Phenomenon

  • Today, I learned that El Niño Phenomenon is the abnormal warming of surface ocean waters in the eastern tropical Pacific, is one part of what's called the Southern Oscillation (the see-saw pattern of reversing surface air pressure between the eastern and western tropical Pacific).The accepted definition is a warming or cooling of at least 0.5 °C (0.9 °F) averaged over the east-central tropical Pacific Ocean. When El Niño conditions last for many months, extensive ocean warming and the reduction in Easterly Trade winds limits upwelling of cold nutrient-rich deep water and its economic impact to local fishing for an international market can be serious. 
  • I will apply my learning about this phenomenon in my daily activities/ habits so that I can be aware of this very serious phenomenon. 
  • Learning about this phenomenon is important because I will be aware, knowledgeable and ready this phenomenon will happen. 
  • On larger scale, I will share my learnings to other people, for them to be also aware, ready if this phenomenon will happen and lastly for them to know that if we, people will continue doing activities that can destruct the beauty of nature; we will suffer this very serious phenomenon. 
  • I need to know more about this phenomenon so that I can be more responsible and aware in all of my actions that I do. I know that this can affect me if this phenomenon occurs. 

      • Digg
      • Del.icio.us
      • StumbleUpon
      • Reddit
      • RSS

      0 comments:

      Post a Comment