Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Monsoon


How a MONSOON develops
  • Today I learned that Monsoon is a wind system that influences large climatic regions and reverses direction seasonally. This word is derived from an Arabic word “Mausim” which means season. It is traditionally defined as seasonal reversing wind caused by cyclic air movements by corresponding changes in precipitation. It occurs here in the Philippines by means of Southwest Monsoon or Habagat that occurs on May to October, and the Northeast Monsoon or Amihan that occurs on September to April. It is related to ITCZ because it makes the ITCZ move north. 
  • I will apply my learning about MONSOON in my daily life that it occurs and affects the Philippine Weather, and into the other lessons related to the Earth’s phenomenon. 
  • Learning about this phenomenon is important because it helps us understand that it is normal that Philippine experiences monsoon that affects some activities. 
  • On the larger scale, I will share my learnings about this phenomenon to other student/people so that they will become aware and ready for the effects of this phenomenon. 
  • I need to learn more about the effects of monsoon so that, I will become aware and more responsible in all the activities I do.

    • Digg
    • Del.icio.us
    • StumbleUpon
    • Reddit
    • RSS

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment